"Sometimes we need to burn our bridges in order to walk ahead."

April 26, 2007

meet old friends

Hi!!

Right after my encouragement 'Keep in touch' something really crazy happened yesterday!
Though the entry was not dedicated to them, I yesterday met two of my old friends from primary school.
My homechurch went to 'Jesus House' in Bonlanden last night and as we were standing in front of the door, waiting, I suddenly saw her coming by bike to Jesus House as well. I looked at her... (maybe I stared) and thought 'Oh my God, that's Chrissi from primary school!' She was my best friend in old times, not only because we had the same name (Christiane).
At first I was afraid to go and say Hello, because there were a lot of people standing around her. but a few minutes later I did it and I stood right in front of her. She stared at me for a few secs and then asked 'Chrissy?!? Oh my God - this can't be'. We hugged said 'Hi' for many times and just marvelled at each other.
Then of course we started talking and talking and talking and it was so so so great.
I really couldn't believe it at first, because it had been such a long time we've seen last and we met in 'Jesus House'... wow. That's amazing!!
After talking, being happy, hugging, we went in and the event began.
After it I wanted to get her mail adress and so I looked for her. And when I came up there was another girl standing next to her, talking. I said 'Hi' and then looked at the girl next to her.
I stared, gazed, was thinking and then I was shocked. The girl in front of me cried 'No! This can't be,... Chrissy?!' I didn't know what to say, but I surely have identified my other good friend from primary school (as well), with whom I often had argues (of course that doesn't matter anymore!!!).
We hugged and huggend and huggend. And I could hardly keep my eyes dry. It was so so amazing. I had met two of my very old friends I hadn't seen for 8 years till yesterday, and both of them in 'Jesus House'...
Hello?!? Is there a God - I know, there is!! And I say: 'Thank You', for He is great!!

I was so so happy last night. And when I think about it I could jump in the air again, because it fills my heart with pure joy about it.

So here a nice 'Hello' to Christiane and Valerie!!

And YOU, have a nice day and... if you want to do something 'good', read 'Keep in touch' and DO it!

Yours lovely,
Chrissy

No comments: