I'm very optimistic about my new semester. Or I was. Still am, if it's not about public transport. Oh, how I love those busses that obviously do not have any problem with discouraging its passengers by not appearing for... let's say an hour or so.
After 10 minutes of waiting I thought: "Surprisingly, I'm totally relaxed about all this - if the bus is 2 minutes late, who cares? - I don't have such a long day tomorrow, so it doesn't matter, if I come home 10 minutes later."
By that time I didn't know that it would take another 50 minutes. Of course, I didn't. If I had I would have walked!
Fifty freakin' minutes I spent at that freakin' bus stop waiting for the 6.32 bus and finding myself at the same place at 7.15 noticing that the 7.02 bus hadn't appeared, either. When I suddenly felt some raindrops on my face, I thought, this was just going to be the perfect day, but God apparently saw me - small, insignificant, lonesome at that gray bus stop - and agreed that the rain would have been a bit too much since I had neither an umbrella nor a jacket. Thank you, God.
I could have walked home and back to the station in the meantime. Instead I waited. And now I'm asking myself, if we sometimes wait for the wrong things knowing that we could use the time much better (waiting vs. walking)...
Ok, maybe I've got into nearly (!) all courses that I intended to attend and maybe I have in fact listened to the lecturers today - which is sort of a miracle itself - but that problem with the freakin' public transport doesn't seem to have changed, yet.
Looking forward to the next 3 months.
1 comment:
uuh yeah da is die Weisheit! hammer ;-)
Post a Comment