"Sometimes we need to burn our bridges in order to walk ahead."

August 18, 2010

Avoidance

Sometimes Emma tends to be an avoider. And she avoids things very well.
She is like - no she is - the writer: She finished her book and now she is about to write the synopses. Yes: she is about to do so. What she's doing is reading stuff about "how to write a synopsis" and thinking "how would Emma write a synopsis?". But she is not actually writing. She's just thinking about writing.
A week ago Emma said: I cannot write, I need to focus on my term paper. First things first.
But my term paper is finished now.
Emma and I could write the synopses now.
And Emma promised a good friend of hers to be finished by the end of the month.
There is not much time left.
Why am I an avoider? Why aren't I a facer?

No comments: