... The Day After Tomorrow:
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed?
And how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard?
And how shall they hear without a preacher?
(Romans 10, 14)
If you have seen the movie you surely know this scene:
The son of climatologist Sam, his friends and a lot more people find shelter in the public library in New York after a big tsunami has overflowed the entire city. Because of the ice storm the water has just turned into ice and looking outside the people inside see many other people walking on the ice to flee south.
The people in the library decide to follow and want to leave.
Sam's trying to stop them because he knows the storm outside is going to get worse and whoever goes out for a while will freeze to death.
A man says: We're all scared but leaving is the only solution to survive.
Sam says: If you go you will die.
But most of the people leave.
They pass him by and declare him as a lunatic.
Tears came up that moment and I could suddenly see... it's the same thing I should be doing everyday: warn the people around me. Tell them that they will die if they do not turn.
I see the people running into nowhere everyday. And... am I doing anything? Am I changing anything?
My method to animate myself to preach the gospel is imagining the people around me dying, looking up desperately and whispering: 'Why didn't you tell me, Chrissy?'
I know it. I know the truth. But the truth must be preached.
Because how shall they hear without a preacher?
So much for the song 'Tell the world that Jesus lives'.
We all listen to it, we all sing it... but do we live it?
1 comment:
You're absolutely right!
Post a Comment