Hey you dreamer!
I don't know how to start. I'm so excited... too excited it seems.
I got a letter from ICX (International Cultural Exchange) today,... although I haven't spend thinking about them for more than half a year they finally sent me an answer. More than just an answer: an acceptance!
I'm more than just excited. I'm so happy.
But enough with feelings...: Suppose I haven't mentioned anything about it yet. Didn't really believe in it, honestly; I've actually been in a different condition the time I wrote them (it was more a decision on a gut level)... but though I believe this is no happenstance, no happenstance that I received that letter today.
I'll be in England for whole 3 months. At least probably. Oh my God, just the sound of these words. Excitement and prickle.
I'll (probably, but very surely) go to school in England for the summer term, which means I'll be gone in a few weeks and return in August. The summer trimestre ends in July, but I'll probably stay in Surrey (a town 40 kilometres from London) for a further month because friends of my parents friends live there and they could shelter me for a month of vacation in which I would have the chance to do some work experience. If I wanted (I now don't know whether I will), I could then decide to go on doing the autumn term in England as well, but for this I would have to do year 13 in Germany in 2009 because my school or the system here doesn't want me to do any exams (Abi) if I miss 3 months (Septembre till Christmas) of school in Germany. But this is a choice I'll have to make in summer, not now (Thank God! I'm too high for it, would probably agree)
Gush... I still can't believe what I'm writing.
I'll tell you more about these theoretical things another time. You know, I have to call ICX now, I suppose it won't be difficult to call foreign people this time (I usually hate this). :) :)
Another thing that is not clear yet is the host-family. There would be the family 'Bines' in Guildford (south-west from London), but ICX doesn't know which school they will send me to, they'll tell me if I accept, so they don't know whether there will be a nearer host-family. And by the way it must be a family my parents can agree with (and me of course, too).
If you think about me the next time, pray for a good family.
I feel so strange. You know I've begun writing a short story and somehow I feel like the woman I've written about.
I feel that some dreams I've thrown away for a long time are coming back again.
Another thing that comes to my mind... 3 months or 4 are a long time. I'll miss the people here. I couldn't do lots of great things I had wanted to do in this time. But on the other hand ICX gives me the chance I'll probably never get in my life, don't they... ?!
Have a nice evening!
Chrissy-the-fan
4 comments:
...but this time you really will have to speak english. It isn´t enough just to say "for me the same" or something like this ;-)
And one more thing: Did you ask your outpost leader if he is willing to set you free from your service for such a long time? #big grin#
ich würde es machen, so ne möglichkeit hast du nie mehr. 3 Monate sind zwar ne lange zeit aber ist bestimmt killer ;)
pat
Hey, that sounds great!
And don´t forget to ask your (head)outpostleader :)
April, April :)
Post a Comment